Ardmore's Gregory FCA
, which bills itself as the largest public relations firm in Pennsylvania, and Safeguard Scientifics
of Wayne are on the hunt for the best unknown business in America.
"Maybe it's that killer technology startup that has yet to make the radar. Or perhaps it's some new wonder drug that will increase life expectancy. Or could it be that new sustainable business that's doing great financially while doing good for the world," said Gregory CEO Greg Matusky in a blog post.
The contest purse comprises $10,000 in cash and a $40,000 PR campaign.
The judges include Matusky, Safeguard CEO Stephen T. Zarrilli, Daniel Roitman of Stroll
, a Philadelphia-based education e-commerce platform company, and Miles Spencer, an angel investor and co-creator of the reality show Money Hunt
Here’s what they say they're looking for:
* The current operating success, recent growth and future viability of the company.
* The story behind the company and its products or services.
* The company’s current visibility and awareness.
* The likely positive impact of the application of a public relations campaign to the company and its products and services.
* The social shares and number of votes received in support of the company’s nomination as outlined in the contest rules. While this contest is not based on votes or Likes, an applicant’s ability to engage and connect with employees and customers will be considered.
* How well the submission explains why the company should be selected as The Best Unknown Business in America and how it can benefit from exposure.
The contest closes at midnight June 18 and the winner will be announced in July. To learn more and submit an entry, visit Gregory FCA's Facebook page
Source: Alicia Buonanno, Gregory FCA
Writer: Elise Vider